After watching the film
1. Think about the families/characters in the film.
- Classify them and consider what stereotypes they fall under.
- Discuss whether the characters act according to preconceived notions regarding stereotypes.
2. What situations in the film particularly stick in your mind and why?
- What is the turning point in the film?
- What emotions did the film stimulate in you?
3. What customer situations are shown in the film?
- How many customer situations are key for the plot?
- What experiences or emotions do you think guided the characters' behaviour in customer situations?
- What significance do customer situations, such as the locksmith's visits to different places, have for the development of the plot?
- Compare the film to the modern Finnish service society. Consider the significance of expertise in customer situations.
4. How can previous experiences and attitudes influence activities as a customer or service producer?